Think about all the information you have been responsible for sharing since the start of the COVID-19 health crisis. School closings, online learning instructions, local and state updates, CDC recommendations, and student meal pick-ups probably come to mind. Your website is the most reliable and accessible location for your community to find all this important information. Use these six tips and best practices to further enhance your crisis communications strategy for your website.
Blackboard tools and resources
- [Open Office Hours] Open office hours running March 16 – March 30, hosted by Blackboard product experts. Join to hear best practices and tips for using Blackboard communications and teaching and learning products.
- [Free Crisis Sites for Web Community Manager customers] All Web Community Manager customers can activate a free crisis subsite to share consolidated information about COVID-19 with their stakeholders.
- [Free Training Series] This 30-minute webinar series is designed to help teachers setup online virtual classrooms and remote lessons with Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Collaborate.
- [Virtual Classroom Package] A special offer on our virtual classroom product, Blackboard Collaborate, is available including self-service, same-day setup. Free video tutorials available upon purchase.
- [Blackboard Learn tutorial] Discover how to best use Blackboard Learn to engage your learners remotely.