COVID-19 Resource Center for K-12
Pandemics don’t start every day. In fact, COVID-19 is the latest pandemic to arise in more than a decade. With health guidelines evolving and additional cases being announced daily, it can be challenging to know how to provide effective communication for stakeholders and continuity in learning for students.
We want you to know that our commitment is to support you with tips, best practices, suggestions, and resources to help you successfully navigate these unprecedented and somewhat unpredictable times. Thank you for the work you are doing to keep your communities safe, and your districts running.
Best practices, tips, and educational resources
- [10 Communication Tips] Follow these ten communication best practices for sending notifications, directing stakeholders to your website, and leveraging all the teams at your disposal.
- [March 18 Webinar] Communicating COVID-19: A PR Panel Discussion for Messaging Best Practices *Sponsored by National School of Public Relations Association
- [Communication Guides] Special NSPRA COVID-19 Communications Guides, Checklists, and Resources. Sponsored by National School of Public Relations Association.
- [Blog Series] Communications insight featuring guidance from a variety of K-12 PR experts
- [Blackboard Community Site] Join our Blackboard Community Site to learn about and share resources on how organizations manage and prepare for continuity of education and effective communication when a crisis, such as COVID-19 arises.
- [NSPRA Connect] NSPRA members can join the PR conversation in the NSPRA community forum.
- [K-12 PR Chat] Follow the hashtag #k12prchat on Twitter to join the public conversation and get additional tips from school PR leaders.
- [Images, Icon, Photos] Download free icons, photos, colors, and stock images related to hygiene, the virus, and pandemics that can help you add imagery to your communications about COVID-19.
Blackboard tools and resources
- [Open Office Hours] Open office hours running March 16 – March 30, hosted by Blackboard product experts. Join to hear best practices and tips for using Blackboard communications and teaching and learning products.
- [Free Crisis Sites for Web Community Manager customers] All Web Community Manager customers can activate a free crisis subsite to share consolidated information about COVID-19 with their stakeholders.
- [Free Training Series] This 30-minute webinar series is designed to help teachers setup online virtual classrooms and remote lessons with Blackboard Learn and Blackboard Collaborate.
- [Virtual Classroom Package] A special offer on our virtual classroom product, Blackboard Collaborate, is available including self-service, same-day setup. Free video tutorials available upon purchase.
- [Blackboard Learn tutorial] Discover how to best use Blackboard Learn to engage your learners remotely.