Activate Your Free Crisis Subsite For Consolidated Coronavirus Communications
As your partner in education we have a responsibility to give you the best resources for communicating with your community about updates regarding the Coronavirus. To help you create one location to share information, we are offering you a crisis subsite at no charge until the outbreak is resolved.
We recommend you populate this subsite with important information on Coronavirus, including school schedule changes, best practices for cleanliness, and state and local guidelines. This will allow you to keep your community informed while managing all the content in one location. To help you get started, here's an example of what a crisis site might look like.
Crisis template download steps
- Navigate to Configure in Site Manager
- Select Templates
- Under available templates select Standard
- Select Download & Preview next to Crisis Management
- Select I’m done when the popup of the template shows
- Select More and select License
- Click the Inactive button to the left of the template name
Subsite activation steps
- Navigate to Sites in Site Manager
- Add the Crisis template to New Subsite
- Click the Inactive button to the left of the site name
Tips for keeping your website focused and running well
- Focus your time on writing consistent and concise text for your site. We recommend using a content app to break up your information with titles, bullets, and short sentences for easy reading.
- Keep your content simple. Your stakeholders are looking for important updates, not necessarily coming to see videos, image galleries, or blogs.
- Point all other channels to your crisis website to ensure your community knows where they can always receive the most up-to-date information.